Music Videos Party
Music Videos Party is a new feature of DJ Mixer for iPad that lets you to easily and quickly play a mix of music videos for friends.
Music videos play full-screen and continuously. Ideal for situations where you don't feel like interactively mixing
music but still want to play a mix of music with your iPad.
music videos by music style, music videos for songs in your iPod music library or for the best-selling songs in iTunes or music videos you find using the built-in Internet music videos search engine.
Pricing and availability
Music Videos party is available in DJ Mixer for iPad starting in version 3.3. The feature is available for free with up to 6 music videos in a playlist. To have an unlimited number of music videos in playlists, you need to unlock the Music Videos Party premium feature, available as an iPad in-app-purchase.
Music Videos party is only available for the iPad and is not available for iPod Touch or iPhone.
- Connect your iPad to a sound system or speaker using an audio cable
- Tap the Music Videos Party button in the main menu
- Tap a playlist and add music videos to it using one of the available commands
- Tap the Play Button at the top left side of the music library screen to play the playlist
- Tap 'Close' to end playback
Playing Music Videos
Music Videos party requires an Internet connection as it streams music videos from the Internet. The feature works using a mobile carrier data connection but we highly recommend you use a WiFi connection for best playback results.
The Music Videos Library
The Music Videos Library comes with several music video playlists. Each playlist can have one or more music video. You can play music videos in a playlist continuously.
iPod Library Songs
This playlist includes music videos for songs in your iPad's iPod music library. To add videos to this playlist, tap it and tap the Scan my iPod library command. DJ Mixer will search the Internet for freely available music videos for your songs and will add matching music videos to the playlist.
DJ Mixer Songs
This playlist includes music videos for songs in your DJ Mixer playlists. To add videos to this playlist, tap the it and tap the Search for music videos button.
iTunes Best Selling Songs
This playlist includes music videos for the best-selling songs in the iTunes music store. To add videos to this playlist, tap it and tap the Scan iTunes chart button.
My Music Videos
This playlist can contain any music video from any other playlist or from music videos search results.
Adding a video from search results
Music Videos Party includes a music videos search engine that lets you find freely available music videos for artists and songs you like. You can add any music video you find with the search engine to playlists.
- Enter an artist name or a song name in the search bar at the top of the screen
and tap Search in the iPad's keyboard
- Tap on any music video in the search results, tap Add to playlist...
- Tap My Music Videos
Adding a video from another playlist
- Tap a music video in any other playlists
- Tap Add to playlist...
- Tap My Music Videos
Your music videos library includes several pre-programmed playlists such as Best of the 80s' and Disco Fever that have playbable music videos. You use these playlists to quickly play a mix of music videos without having to create manual playlists.
To add videos to a pre-programmed playlist, tap it and tap Load from server
To play a pre-programmed playlist, tap it and tap Play
You can create additional custom playlists and add music videos to them from search results or from other playlists.
- Tap the + button at the bottom of the music videos library screen
- Enter your new playlist name
- Add videos to your new playlist the same way you add videos to My Music Videos
Unlocking the Premium Feature
The free music videos party feature allows you to have up to 6 music videos to a playlist. It is designed for you to play around with the feature before deciding to buy the full functionality.
To remove this limit so playlists can have an unlimited number of videos:
- Tap the About button at the bottom right side of the screen
- Tap Unlock premium feature
The in-app-purchase is a one-time fee that removes the size limited from all music video playlists. You can use on any iPad you own with your iTunes store account.
Previewing Music Videos
To preview a music video:
- Tap a music video and tap Preview. The video will play in a preview screen
- Tap Close to close the preview screen
Alternative Music Videos
When DJ Mixer searches the internet for music videos for songs for the iPod libary, DJ Mixer Songs and iTunes Best Selling Songs playlists, it automatically adds the most popular relevent music video for a song.
In some cases, DJ Mixer finds alternative music videos for this song that you may like to add to playlists and play in a party.
To add alternative music videos to a playlist:
- Tap a video in a playlist
- Tap Alternative Videos
- Tap a video in the alternative videos list and tap Preview to play it, or Add ot playlist... to add it to a playlist
A Complete example - New Party Playlist
- Tap Music Videos Party to access music videos
- Tap + in the toolbar to create a new playlist and name it
- Enter song or artist names in the search bar and tap Search in the keyboard
- Preview music video search results and add the ones you like to the new playlist by tapping a video and tapping the Add to playlist command
- Tap 'Playlists' in the toolbar to display all playlists
- Tap your newly created playlist and tap Play to play it
Playing Music Videos on a connected screen or projector
In this mode, playing music video audio still comes out of the iPad but the video image is played on a connected big-screen or projected from a connected projector.
- Get the iPad VGA cable adapter from Apple
- Connect your iPad to a screen or projector using the adapter and a the adapter
- Tap a music video playlist and tap the Play command
- Tap the
Stop button at the music videos library toolbar to stop playback